Most (in fact all) of the templates that I’ve been working on with Joomla, the FrontPage contents are always replaced with the most recent articles being on the top. Well, it has a very good reason why the developers designed it that way.
There are times, where you actually wants a ‘sticky’ topic to stay at the top of your FrontPage. The following recap steps will help you to do that. Credit goes to this forum/howto where I initially found it, here.
1. Login to your Joomla administration page.
2. Go to “Extensions” > “Templates Manager”.
3. Click on templates you want to have this sticky-note, and click on “Edit HTML”
Somewhere along the lines you’ll find this:
<jdoc:include type=”component” />
4. Just on top of it, add this:
<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”stagetop” style=”xhtml” />
5. Click “Save” and “Close”.
6. Go to “Extension” > “Module Manager”
7. Click “New”, choose “Custom HTML”, and click “Next”.
8. Scroll down and type in your message within the “Custom Output” area.
9. Click “Save” and you’re done!
Should you want this sticky note available on multiple pages, just edit your custom module and highlight pages from “Menu Assignment”.
And you’re done! Hope this helps.